By taking simple precautions, and following guidelines, every person can help ensure the proper disposal of unused medication, further reducing the likelihood of abuse, while protecting the environment. Following drug disposal instructions and taking advantage of permanent take-back locations (see below) or DEA sponsored take-back programs are important first steps.
By donating rx drug drop boxes to local law enforcement and participating in the National Prescription Drug Take-Back Program to collect old prescription drugs, MAGF and our local coalitions are helping keep drugs off the street.
local sheriff’s office or police department. Donate today!
Drop Box Locations
“Think About It” Donated Drop Box Locations
- Armstrong Atlantic State University Police Department, 11935 Abercorn Street, Savannah, GA
- Hall County Sheriff’s Office, 610 Main Street, Gainesville, GA
- Kennesaw State University Police Department, 1000 Chastain Road, Kennesaw GA
- Towns County Sheriff’s Office, 4070 Georgia 339, Young Harris, GA
- Union County Sheriff’s Office, 378 Beasley Street, Blairsville, GA
- University of Georgia Police Department, 286 Oconee Street, Athens, GA
- Click here for a complete list of drop box locations in Georgia
- Click here for a list of upcoming events.
- FDA Information on Proper Disposal Methods